Released by Jens Kafitz, 2021 - www.MariExtensionPack.org | Join us on &
RELEASE: May 6th, 2021
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT (for Mari 4.x): MARI 4.1v2
MARI NON-COMMERCIAL is not supported due to restrictions by the Foundry
New Feature Feature Update Feature available in Nodegraph only Feature requires Mari 4.7 or higher
EXTENSION PACK 5 R6
- Extension Pack 5 R6, the 5th free update of the Extension Pack 5 Series, introduces a powerful baking Bridge to Substance® and continued bugfixing.
For a full overview of the features released in Extension Pack 5 see each dedicated release notes.
Substance Baker Bridge
The Substance Baker Bridge gives access to the Industry Leading, highspeed Baking Toolset of Substance 3d by Adobe® from within Mari.
Key Features of the Substance Baker Bridge include:
- Ultra fast baking of Ambient Occlusion, Curvature, Thickness and many more via Substance Automation Toolkit.
- Full GPU Acceleration where available, fast CPU baking otherwise
- 15 different Bakers
- Per Baker Override settings (e.g. udim range, resolution etc.)
- Bake Previews
- direct import of results into Mari
- highres to lowres Baking and mesh-linking (e.g. you only want to get occlusion from a couch onto the floor but not the walls)
Paint Through Image Flip
Convenience Buttons to flip your Paint Through Image in X or Y have been added to the Paint Through Toolbar
FEATURE CHANGES - TOOLS
Image Manager Drag & Drop
- Dragging multiple selected images from the Image Manager into either Nodegraph or Layerstack and selecting a Nodetype from the
Extension Pack Node Type Chooser, will now create one Node/Layer per Image
- On Linux, pressing the 'View Template Location' Button in the Import Project Template and Manage Project Templates Dialogs, had no effect
- Unticking the 'Clear Existing Nodegraph' Option in the Import Project Template had no effect, and even when off, the existing nodegraph was still removed
Unreal Advanced Shader
- Fixed a bug in the Unreal Advanced Shader, where changing the Occlusion Slider had not effect.
- Fixed a bug in the Unreal Advanced Shader, when ingesting Materials via the Mari Material Ingest Tool, and some channels were not tagged as scalar
MultiMixer X4 / X8
- The Opacity Sliders of the MultiMixer X4 & MultiMixer X8 Node were scaling the opacity exponentially down. The result was, that the same
slider values compared to a merge node was producing a different opacity
STUDIO DEPLOYMENT UPDATES
- If you have previously downloaded the Help Files for offline usage you should replace it with the new one using the method described here