- Where to find it:
- Edit / Shortcuts / Menu
- Category 'Create / Layer'
- Shotcut (Nodegraph Only): M
- Hotbox: C (Merge Node)
The Smart Merge Action is an alternative way to creating a Merge Node inside of the Nodegraph.
Mari by default has a shortcut 'M' mapped to create a new Merge Node in the Nodegraph.
Assigning a Shortcut to the Smart Merge Action allows you to create either a Merge Node or a Multi-Channel Merge Node
with a single hotkey based on the context you are working on. From Mari 4.6v4 or higher onwards, Extension Pack auto assigns this to 'M'.
From Mari 4.6v4 or higher onwards, Extension Pack assigns this shortcut by default to 'M'
- Executing the Smart Merge Action with a material or Multi channel Merge node selected will create a Multi Channel Merge Node
- Executing the Smart Merge Action with a regular Mari Node selected will create a standard Merge Node
Using a single hotkey a different kind of merge node gets created based on selected nodes
- In addition you can also use this action to layer multiple nodes together more easily.
When selecting 3 or more nodes and executing the Smart Merge Action, the Nodes will be layered together with MultiMixer Nodes.